Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art with a rich history and tradition. It is a unique style of fighting because it involves no striking and requires taking an opponent to the ground and using submission moves. Jiu Jitsu’s popularity has exploded worldwide because it is a fun, intense and complex martial art that can be learned by children and adults alike. If you are looking for a fighting style that is designed to overpower larger opponents without inflicting serious damage, Jiu Jitsu is the one for you. In this blog, VT1 discusses the fundamental skills of the martial art, as well as what to expect when you begin your Jiu Jitsu journey.
Fundamental Goals For Jiu Jitsu Training
VT1’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Chatswood aims to teach students the following:
- basic positional hierarchy
- standing as well as ground techniques
- how to piece the individual techniques together
- how to escape from an inferior position
- how to establish dominant positions by accurately reading a situation
- stability, flexibility and strength in order to distribute your weight correctly and enable you to counter common submission moves
What Are The Basics Of Jiu Jitsu in Chatswood?
Are you interested in learning Jiu Jitsu for adults? Here are some of the basic techniques you will learn from the world-class instructors at VT1:
- Open guard: We teach you how to execute grappling techniques with your back on the ground with your knees around a training partner’s hips.
- Closed guard: Techniques are taught with you on your back and your legs wrapped around the partner’s spine and belly.
- Side control: Your training partner lies on their back while you learn to control them using your chest and forearm.
- Mount: With the partner on their back, you assume a position on top with your knees above hip level
- Back mount: This is a more advanced technique that involves your opponent lying in a turtle position while you get on top and place hooks using your arms and legs.
- Butterfly guard: Learn how to control an opponent using your shins while lying on your back.
World-Class Training for Jiu Jitsu in Chatswood
At VT1, we have over a decade of experience helping students of all ages begin their Jiu Jitsu journey. Contact us today for Muay Thai, boxing and Jiu Jitsu for adults in Chatswood.